February 23, 2010

Wigand 05

I can tell that I am at a point in my life where there are going to be some transitions. With transition comes questions, uncertainty and doubt. So today I looked down and I am wearing my Wigand t-shirt from 2005 (Wigand was my flag football team at my school). It made me think about what was going on 5 years ago. I was still in college, was still dreaming of someday doing something. I did not know a lot of things that would happen in those five years.

So then I thought back to a year ago. I was passing out hundreds of resumes, going to interviews and getting ready to graduate with my MBA. I was in a transition time a year ago, but could not see the great things that have come up. I also couldn't see the challenges that came up this year.

I wonder what life would be like if God showed us our lives a year at a time? Would I have wanted to know that my Dad was going to have a heart attack and nearly die? Would I have been ok going camping the weekend before that heart attack? Would I have been ok with him going to Alaska by himself... I don't think so.

So I am so grateful that God doesn't show us everything we need to know. I can enjoy the moments that I have and I know that he is taking care of me each step of the way.

What were you doing a year ago?
What did life look like for you?
What has changed you?

3 comments:

BrittNeal said...

Wow! I can't believe that was only a year ago. It really is strange to think about how much as happened in that time. Miss you friend! I'm in the middle of writing you an email that I am determined to finish this week! Love you!

Jenn said...

I know right! So can't wait to read this email... it should be good ;)

Megan_Taylor said...

Love you Jenn! I often say that I am living in perpetual transition. Whew! Miss you!