June 21, 2010

Summer Time

Summer is great, except for the lack of entertaining TV shows. Why do they decide to put all the horrible shows on during the summer. I want to meet the person who thought that was a good idea... For example, "The Gates", it is about vampires living with humans in this protected community, aka Twilight (for TV). That is what I gather from the millions of previews that I saw for it while I watched the NBA finals. Yep. Boring, and over-done. Does anyone else feel my pain. I think we should protest this monstrosity... ok, not really, but it did feel good to get a little dramatic.

Is anyone watching So You Think You Can Dance (award for the longest title goes to...)? I do love this show. It is way better than American Idol.

On another note, I am reading the Lovely Bones, but can't read it before I go to bed because it is scary. I switched from Peace Like a River, which my roommate loves, but I just got lost in all the detailed descriptions and found myself re-reading too much and then would forget what was going on and then would have to re-read again and the cycle would just keep going. I think I was on the first 30 pages for 6 months. A clear sign for me to stop, so anyways, I switched. Maybe some day I will read Peace Like a River.

Well, that was my ramblings for tonight. Aren't you so glad that you just read this. Smile, you just did something good for yourself today.

4 comments:

Leslye Smith said...

ha...Lovely Bones: I got the book on CD from the library, and was listening to it during my morning commute for a while.

(*then I realized 30 minutes snippets in the morning were making me freaked out and depressed all day long) I totally sympathize!

Jenn said...

haha! Did you ever finish it? or did you just give up and realize that happiness was better than the book?

DeMo said...

I had a friend who was reading Lovely Bones before bed while her husband was out of town. She's a smart one, lol.

I agree about the summer TV shows! (Except SYTYCD is the best one this season.) Then I realize that I should be outside enjoying the daylight. So
I find something on netflix to watch instantly. lol.

Jenn said...

That is crazy! Yeah, I hear ya about going outside, but sometimes you just want to chill...