
Did you know that the city of Denver now has some 250 Medical Marijuana dispensary storefronts and Boulder has more than 100.
I just finished reading this article on CNBC about Medical Marijuana - you can click the link to read the whole thing or I have some fascinating snippets below... - my comments are italicized
"The state [CO] already has issued more than 66,000 cards that allow holders to purchase medicinal pot legally. A recent surge in applications has produced a six-month turnaround time for processing them. Since a temporary card is issued at the time of application, experts estimate more than 100,000 Coloradans now buy medicinal marijuana legally."
"Then in October 2009, the Obama Administration told federal authorities not to arrest or prosecute medical marijuana users and suppliers who aren't violating local laws. - phew, so glad that Obama is focusing on the important matters of our nation!
"The policy decisions bolstered a business model used by most existing dispensaries--based on serving 400 or more patients--and spawned many more, and offered a measure of certainty to investors who helped bankroll the growth in retail outlets." - finally I can invest in drugs and not have to watch my back... just what I was looking for!
“Very few are turned down,” Dr. Starritt (of Green Ribbon Clinic hehe) said. “Most have already read Amendment 20 to see what qualifies. Mostly I see if they meet those qualifications. She’s turned down people with temporary conditions, women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.- wow, I sure hope so! "I’m not sure it helps everybody,” Starritt said. “But I’m not adverse to recommending it if I think it will help the patient and their condition. Starritt says many of the people she sees complain of back pain. -I have a history of back problems that my insurance won't cover me for any more... I could totally get medicinal marijuana... whose in!
About a year and a half ago I was diagnosed with a herniated disc in my lower back. I was in severe pain for over a year before I actually went and did anything about it. I lost all feeling down my right leg. My back would lock into place if I stood up too quickly.
During this time I never took pain meds (besides Ibuprofen). I was in intense physical therapy and then began to learn how to minimize my pain on an everyday basis and adjust my lifestyle. I practiced yoga instead of running, I stood differently, I learned to sit differently. I know there are people out there with way more serious issues than mine was that are dealing with it in a healthy way!This whole thing is crazy, but hey if you want to get pot and can prove that you have had a pain somewhere in the last sometime just come on over to Colorado. Don't worry if you are concerned with smoking it, you can also get it in all kinds of food (but beware... your hips could increase in size).

1 comment:
Love you J!
Post a Comment