I just got back from New York. I think that I could live there! It was amazing. I loved how busy it was. I think that some people would definitely get annoyed by people everywhere, but it was refreshing to me. I was only there 24hrs but was able to see so much.
Our first stop was Grand Central Station, which was incredible. These buildings were so old, yet they were so well taken care of and looked stunning. After that we walked past the Empire State Building on our way to Times Square. At Times Square, I was tempted to just spend the whole day shopping, but I didn't don't worry! I saw the Naked Cowboy (pictures to come soon!), which was a little odd to say the least.
Then we bought some tickets to go see Wicked. I was so excited. I felt like a little kid on Christmas morning. We walked into the theater and kept walking closer and closer to the stage... then we stoped and our seats were in the second row! We could look down into the orchestra pit and see all the musicians. Things were happening above our heads and all around us. We caught bubbles from the stage, inhaled the smoke and saw all the facial expressions on each cast member! It was awesome. I would highly recommend goign to go see that show.
After that I met up with a JBU friend and ate dinner on Times Square, walked down 5th Avenue pasted Macy's, was tempted to ice skate behind this huge library and saw Korea Town. That ended the first night... Oh Dani, I went to H&M just for you too!
Then the next morning we woke up extremely early and took a cab ride (YIKES) to the Rockefeller Plaza. I stood outside the Today Show and saw them filming it. I saw the famous iceskating rink at the plaza as well. Then walked down 5th Avenue again and saw Saks, Tiffany's, Juicy Couture to name a few. Then all of a sudden, I crossed the street, avoiding the crazy drivers that will just run you over, and saw the Apple Store! It was so cool..., we didn't go down in it, but just getting the glimpse of that store warmed my heart.
Then we wound our way through Central Park, which made you feel as though you were no longer in the City. Saw the famous fountain from One Fine day and propably other movies as well...
Then we packed up our stuff and headed towards Connecticut. In CT we mainly did work. It was a busy time going from one thing to the next, but it was good.
It was an amazing trip that definitely made me want to move to NYC for a few years. I love the idea of being able to go see a show whenever I wanted to, go to tons of restruants, spend time in old public librarys and parks and have the opportunity to just experience the best shopping in the WORLD!
I will post pictures soon, but I wanted to share how the trip went before it got away from me.
3 years ago

1 comment:
I'm so glad your trip was all you hoped and more!! I love you, and can't wait for the day when we finally take the trip of our dreams we've been talking about FOR-E-VER!!
Post a Comment