Today marks another day of travel for me. I think that airports are one of my favorite places to people watch. You can see all spectrums of emotion.
The exhausted runner who is hoping to make their flight. The stressed out family just trying to entertain their kids. The "i'm too busy to even look up from my blackberry" business person. The overdressed traveler, usually a female, but males can fit into this category as well. The pissed off person that ran to their gate and can see their plane still sitting there, but the doors have been closed (this is probably the worst feeling at the airport). The excited person who can't stop smiling because they are either home or very close. And finally, the sleeper, you know the one who as soon as they sit down they are out, but not only are they asleep, they begin to snore, and quite loudly I might add.
Yep, this is why I love travel. People amaze me, I'm sure I fit into the category of "person who loves to stare at people, but thinks that no one notices". Oh I almost forgot one. The person who has their ipod earbuds in and begins to move to the rhythm(very hard word to spell by the way) that no one else can hear.
Since I have a little extra time, I will let you all into a little secret. I secretly (well I guess it is not a secret anymore) think that meeting a random guy at the airport and falling in love would probably be the best story in the world. But, for some reason... probably because of odds of that are a TRILLION to ONE, I seem to always sit next to the old/redneck/hairy/married/annoying/(insert any other adjective besides, single, cute, attractive, or rich) person. Just once I would love to strike up a fun conversation that would lead to him asking me for my phone number. So now you all know how pathetic I am... but I think random encounters like that make the best stories. At the very least, they are usually void of drama!
Well, I hope that everyone has had a great Easter. I will post a couple pictures soon of my time at home. It was good to be home except for the 4 inches of snow that we had on Sunday. It was a little chilly to say the least!
3 years ago

4 comments:
I'm totally with you on the random encounter and fall in love with the hot guy! It won't happen to me, either.
I love to people watch, and my fave airport to do it in is Atlanta, b/c there's that BK or whatever on the second level I think? Anyway, you would have laughed if you were watching me once. I was wearing my strappy high heels and had to walk the longest walk b/t two terminals and my feet were killing me. I thought I'd be all cute & stuff to attract the Random Encounter Guy, but all I got were sore feet and a couple of blisters.
hehe...airport love.
(it's ok- i used to dream about it too, until my practical side kicked in, and i realized our whole relationship would inevitably be long-distance...and really, who wants that?)
:)
(ps. i'm a little jealous of your growable-coupon)
You are too funny. Hey- I know some people that met on a plane and are now married :) You NEVER know!! Let's travel together soon- k?!
Oh Jenn,
It was so wonderful to see you over the weekend AND,
This is my favorite post yet! I loved it! I would love to go to airports and wait for planes forever if I never had to get on them!! Ha!
But...really....I've found airports a great place to serve/help people. Bob says that I am a magnet for old people and young mothers traveling alone with their babies/toddlers. One time I even got to pray with a lady who was having terrible back pain and was waiting for her plane. I always wonder how many of the people I'm passing know the Lord...an airport is such a rich resevoir of stories that I'll only hear but a fraction.
And, re: the meeting someone in an airport...there is someone who we all know and love who once told me that God knows her "coordinates" and with that in mind don't you think God could actually do that? How fun would that be? Just keep running toward him and who knows, maybe one day you'll be running in an airport and you'll look over and there he'll be, running along beside you toward the same goal in life. Be encourage, be used by Him today sweet Jenn.
love you,
aunt e
Post a Comment