August 18, 2009

Generation Gap - It exists

I am part of the Gen Y. Meaning, I'm 24, I have a certain outlook on life, and am the future... Atleast that is what all the books are saying. I have always been one to think that no matter what generation you are apart of you think about life because of the stage you are in.

For example:: I have only probably about 5 real years of work experience (not counting the little jobs that I did). I probably have a very different perspective than some that has 15-20 years of work experience. Both perspectives are good, and I think that if both perspectives are willing to be open and learn new things from each other they would have a greater chance of growing.

I say all that to point out that there are 2 of us in the work situation that I am in now who are GenYers (the rest are in the more mature generations :). We (genYers) are creating our marketing, branding, website, designs, process, forms, vision, strategies, etc... Our idea of what is cool is usually very different than the others idea of cool. So we laugh about it and learn from each other. I think ultimately this brings out a much greater product/service/design/website... (fill in the blank). Because If we have all the perspectives weighing in on something than it will surely meet each individual out in the world! At least that is what we are hoping for!!!

No comments: