August 11, 2009

Animal lover...

I do not have a dog... but I like dogs... sometimes. (I just don't like to be licked) I write this because I offered to dog sit this week for 2 dogs that look like this...


[You might think this looks cute...]
[All I see is a dirty mouth, smelly breath, slobbery tongue and needy personality]

They really aren't that bad, but it has made me realize that I will probably not be a dog owner any time soon. Which reminds me... I need to go feed them... oops!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're too cute...I love you!!! I totally agree...enjoy other people's dogs and think of the money you'll save over a lifetime!!! You could start a dog account for an imaginary dog and "pretend" you have a dog...purchase, shots, food, more shots, more food, etc etc...when your dog gets sick you can pay to have it put down etc. etc, and then you can purchase another dog and keep this going your entire life. It could be pretty significant if you let your dog account grow over a lifetime. And then with you're bulging bank account you can fly aunt E to visit you! :)
I know, I know....there are just some things that you can't put a price tag on but...the time and money and hassle is certainly worth thinking about. Maybe someday I'll even get a little dog myself...who knows? Probably not! :)
And here's a good one...back in the 70s there was a statistic that there was more money spent in one year on dog food alone in the United States than on world wide missions from all agencies combined. Interesting uh?