Moving to a new state and being single has provided some quite interesting times. I love the freedom of choosing things that I want because I don't have to think about any one else. I love the flexibility to do basically whatever I feel like because nothing is tying me down. I am a firm believer in being grateful and content with the place you are in, so I am very content. Sure there are those times where I wish that I was sharing some of these moments with some one else, but I am pretty sure that day will come some time, so I am not worried about it. So this post is written from a very single perspective (no pun intended).
Being single means:
- Experiencing things a lone. I know what you are thinking, wow Jenn that was deep. The stories below I have not shared with anyone and enjoyed them alone. You really have to like yourself a lot to be single... haha
- Going to a new church, looking up the directions, getting lost, laughing, showing up late, sitting by your self in the smack dab middle of what can be assumed as the most newlyweds in one location, enjoying the service, leaving alone, going home, getting lost again, and laughing again.
- Standing in line at Panera with a strange guy standing in front with his sunglasses on the back of his head (weird). The backwards sunglasses guy kept trying to not-so-nonchalantly look at me and make eye contact, but I couldn't get over the backwards sun glasses...
- Going apartment shopping and realizing that you are the only one that can make what seems like a huge decision, so you just keep putting it off... by "you" I mean "me"
- Driving alone at night when guys feel it is totally appropriate to holler and talk to you... Never understood this. We are in two separate cars, driving two different directions, but yet you (the guy) have the sudden urge to talk to me... If some can explain that would be great.

1 comment:
Wow. I'm way late on commenting on this but didn't want to let it go. I really enjoy the single life right now. It's nice to have someone around, but the thing that I'm not crazy about that is having to adjust to someone else's schedule and making sure that there's nothing planned for the weekend so that I can go out with my friends and do what I want. I'm sure that when I'm head over heels in love with a guy that his schedule will be more important to me, but being single, I can't help but be a little bit selfish right now. :)
Post a Comment